Yoga & Horse Experience
Yoga & Horse Experience August 28 – September 3, 2022
Sun Dance Ranch organizes a unique Yoga retreat combined with a deeper level connection of horse related yoga.
This will be something wonderful with a special program!
Every morning there is yoga before breakfast and yoga or meditation at the end of the efternoon. The days are filled with a wonderful program with yoga & meditation, working in/with the herd, lots of luxury, but also time to relax and integrate the processes that are going on in your body. There are also moments of rest included and you can explore the area. Or you can just relax and recharge your energy level.
We are supported in this by the inspiring environment of the Sun Dance Ranch in Sweden, where a herd of about 20 horses lives in freedom all year round on about 20 hectares of meadows and forests. The perfect accommodation for a perfect yoga & horse week!
We do yoga to train body and mind, to find inner peace and to find a deeper connection with yourself. We do all the lessons together and you can see the guidance as a suggestion. Because the teacher can only guide you, you have to adjust where you are with your body at that moment. Yoga is playful and fun.
Yoga – “You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.”- Mary Oliver
Lisan Bremmers (from the Netherlands but living in Sweden) will be guiding this week. She also runs yoga retreats in Greece and at her home. She is an experienced yoga teacher who teaches intuitively and directly from her heart. She combines hatha yoga with free somatic movements, making the exercises new and different every time, just as the human body and nature itself are constantly changing. The yoga is suitable for everyone, from beginner to experienced yogi.
We practice asana (yoga poses), pranayama (breathing techniques) and meditation.
Welcome to a week of fun, adventure and harmony!
Gentle hatha and somatic yoga
We practice hatha yoga, somatic movements and myo-fascial unwinding and work on improving our balance, strength and flexibility to experience a feeling of inner harmony and confidence. Sometimes there will be pauses between the different yoga poses and exercises and sometimes we get into a wonderful dynamic flow.
Lisan will be guiding you in pranayama, relaxing breathing exercises and in sitting, lying and walking meditation. When we come in contact with our inner silent core we can rest in the feeling of being already whole.
Restorative Yin Yoga
A gentle and relaxing class that combines influences from yin and restorative yoga, sitting and lying on the floor to unwind body and mind. We end the class with Yoga Nidra, a guided deep relaxation.
Yoga on horseback! A way to connect to your horse and yourself in a different and perhaps even deeper way. A playful and fun experience! Yoga on the horse and next to your horse on the ground, movements we’ve already practiced on the mat that you can adjust as much as you like, to feel confident and connected.
It is possible to book a relaxing and restorative massage on site with Lisan.
Release tension, release muscles, improve blood circulation and lymphatic system, but above all: enjoy!
You can choose between 2 options:
30 minutes 400 SEK half body
60 minutes 600 SEK half body or full body
Included in the price
- Welcome drink (non alcoholic)
- 7 days/6 nights stay in a 4 bedded cottage with shower/WC (based on 2 persons per room)
- 6 days of training and activities:
* Welcome ceremony
* 5 days 2x per day yoga and meditation
* Horsemanship/connection lesson in the herd
* 2x yoga with or on the horse
* Guided walk in the mountains around the ranch
* Visit at the Brattfallet waterfal
* Jacuzzi evening
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegetarian)
- Outdoor meals at the ranch
- Coffee, tea or mineral water available for free
- Towels and bed linen
- Final cleaning
- Flight to and from the ranch (notice the transfer schedule)
- Extra drinks or snacks
- Extra massage, healing or extra activities at the ranch (possible to book extra activities)
- Extra fee for a single room: 1.000 SEK
- You don’t have to be a ‘horse person’ or rider to participate in this week
- Guided in English but help in Dutch and Swedish
9.900 SEK per person/week. This price is based on 2 persons per room
Lisan Bremmers is your yoga instructor. You can book extra massages with her.
Program Yoga & Horse Experience
Everyday’s basic program:
Activities (beside the basic program):
Day 1 Sunday
16.00 Welcome at the ranch with coffee & tea – Learn to know each other
Explain the program – Show around the ranch – Show the room and refresh
Outside meal – Welcome ceremony
Day 2 Monday
– Horsemanship lesson
– Guided walk and find 2 stones
Day 3 Tuesday
– Yoga with horses
– Relax time
– Jaccuzi evening (1 evening, free to choose)
Day 4 Wednesday
– Visit, walk, outdoor lunch and meditation at the waterfall
Day 5 Thursday
– Relax time
– Meditation in the herd
Day 6 Friday
– Yoga with horses
– Extra to book: Mountain Trail
– Dinner campfire – Closing the week
Day 8 Saturday
Pack and go home, goodbye
Good to know:
- Everyone can practice yoga – regardless of gender, age or agility
- We train barefoot in soft clothes
- Do not eat a large meal a couple of hours before the workout
- Notify us if you are injured or undergoing any treatment
- Training is at your own risk
- Yoga is a process that takes time – let it do it ‘
- Free internet access for all guests
- Guides available in the languages Dutch, English and Swedish
- The cottages aren’t equipped with kitchen and living room and you don’t have the possibility to cook a meal in your own cottage. That’s why we offer all the packages including all meals or B&B with breakfast only. We have a service house with stove, fridge, freezer, coffee maker, microwave etc. All guests can use this.
- Free use of the different picnic areas such as the tipi tent and the chuck wagon, fire places, anti mosquito tent, play area, etc.
- Would you come alone or with two people then it may be possible that there is another couple in the other bedroom. In that case you share the bathroom together.