Sun Dance Ranch
683 62 Ekshärad
Värmland – Sweden
Vaste lijn: +46 563-40122
Mobiel: +46 76 8200 579
GPS coördinaten Google Earth:
N 60.152447 E 13.536283
N 60° 9’ 8.8” E 13° 32’ 10.6”
Ekshärad is a part of Hagfors municipality and is located about 100 km north of Karlstad at the height of the line Oslo-Stockholm. It is located in the province of Värmland in central Sweden.
It is about 1360 km drive from Utrecht.
Around the ranch you will find:
5km from Ekshärad (5 min.)
15km from Hagfors (20 min.)
40 km from Torsby (45 min.)
90km from Karlstad (1,5 uur)
200 km from Oslo Gardermoen Airport (2,5 uur)
400km from Stockholm Arlanda Airport (4-5 uur)
Last part of the route
On the route 62 heading north; after the church in Ekshärad you turn right, over the river (Klarälven). In the end of the road (T-crossing) you turn right (= road 931 on the east side of the river Klarälven). After 3 km you turn right, (1st street right after the sign Yggenäs. By the side of the road you’ll see a wooden wagon with a cowboy and big signs on both sides of the road. You’ll find the ranch after a few hundred meters in the end of this sand/gravel road. From the church in Ekshärad it is exactly 5 km to the ranch.
From Hagfors / Edebäck / Bergsäng towards Ekshärad; Take 1st street to the left after the sign Yggenäs.
If you want to come to the ranch by plane, you can fly to Oslo Gardermoen (Norway) or to Stockholm Arlanda Airport (Sweden)
- You can book your train ticket on www.sj.se but you can also buy tickets in the card machines at the station.
- Be aware of booking logical flight times. Here in Sweden/Norway trains or buses don’t go every 20 minutes, but only a few times a day. The travel time from the airport to the ranch is around 4-6 hours! So make sure you have enough time to come to the ranch or to go back to the airport.
- Domestic flight: Stockholm-Hagfors, info: www.direktflyg.com. Please note that this flight goes only on work days and not in the summer peak season!
- These are the most chosen flights. For flights from other airports you can always check around on google.
By train & bus
Prices and time schedules:
www.ns.nl, www.resplus.se, www.sj.se, www.swedenbooking.com, www.eurolines.nl, www.swebusexpress.se en www.kollplatsen.com.
Puttgarden (DE) – Rödby (DK) = 45 minutes and then Helsingör (DK) – Helsingborg (SE) = 15 minutes. Reservation is not necessary because the ferries go every 20 minutes day and night.
By nightferry (reservation necessary)
- Kiel (Dld) – Götenborg (S), Stenaline
- Grenå (Dk) – Varberg (S), Stenaline
- Fredrikshaven (Dk) – Götenborg (S), Stenaline
- Kiel (Dld) – Oslo (N), Colorline
- Travemunde (Dld) – Göteborg (S), Finnlines
Only via the bridges